Tip #2 How Long Does it Take to Sell a Home?
Over the next 26 days you will have a collection of 26 tips for selling your home in Nanaimo (or anywhere else).
Selling a home can be a stressful process – however, it doesn’t have to be. Stress commonly occurs when there is a fear of the unknown – eliminate the unknowns – eliminate the stress. The purpose of this series is to educate and prepare you to be ready to sell your home so that you will know what you are up against.
As a teaser here are the subjects of the next 24 days of topics:
Time to Sell Your Home?
Common Questions and Answers:
1. How do I decide if I want to sell or if I want to stay?. 3
2. How long does it take to sell a home? 3
3. What paperwork do I need to have together to sell?. 3
4. Do I need a Realtor? 5
5. What will a Realtor do for me? 5
6. How do I pick a Realtor? 6
7. What role in the sale of my home do I have?. 7
8. How do I determine how much to sell my home for?. 7
9. Should I do a Home Pre-Inspection with a house inspector?. 8
10. Are Open Houses useful in selling my home?. 8
11. How much notice will I get before viewings?. 8
12. How many viewings will there be? 9
13. What happens if there are multiple offers?. 9
14. What happens if there are no viewings?. 9
15. Should my Realtor be at the home every time there is a viewing?. 10
16. How do I get the highest price for my home?. 10
17. What does it cost to sell my home? 11
18. Once I have accepted an offer how long do I have to move out?. 11
19. What do I have to disclose about my home?. 12
20. What can I do to best prepare my home for sale? Is there value in staging?. 12
21. Do I need a Lawyer or Notary to sell my home?. 12
22. Can I port my mortgage to buy a new home?. 13
23. What paperwork is completed to list my home for sale?. 13
24. What paperwork is completed to sell my home to a buyer?. 13
25. What condition do I need to leave my home in once I move out?. 14
26. When do I get the money from the sale of my home?. 14
2) How long does it take to sell a home?
The time it takes to sell a home has a couple of variables. If your home is in the price range where the majority of homes sell in your area you can expect to sell within the same amount of time the average home sells in your area. If you have some distinct features of your home that other homes don’t have you could sell quicker (if the features are generally considered to be positives – double car garage, updated kitchen, bathroom, flooring etc) yet if the distinct features are not considered to be positives (bold colored paint, biggest house in the area, unusual layout etc) your home could take longer to sell. A home that is priced in line with comparable homes will sell quicker.
The real estate market is called a “market” because there are always buyers and sellers. The moment you list your home on the market buyers will be looking at your home and comparing it to everything else they have seen. If it appears to be of good value in comparison it will be time to start packing to boxes and searching for your next home.
This list could go on and on – but hopefully this covers the major questions involved in selling a home. If you have additional questions feel free to contact me, Dan Morris, anytime at (250) 667-4585 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To obtain a full PDF copy of this report, e-mail email@example.com.
Happy selling and may you have a quick, happy experience selling your home with minimal amount of stress!
Curious about the value of your home? FREE No Obligation Online Evaluation